"If you are looking for a series that keeps you on the edge, wondering what will happen next, wondering how an author created a jaw-dropping, heart-stopping book. Then look no further. Genie has created that with this series." --Bunnies Review

Saturday, November 10, 2012

MEET RUBY SOLOMON


Ruby Solomon, self-professed man lover, sometime singer, and the birth mother who left Marly for Tallie O'Shea to raise. 

Ruby has always been a fighter, and when she was diagnosed with terminal cancer, returned to Halo to "make things right." She fought the disease long enough to see her daughter married, and to shake Tallie O'Shea out of her halo a few times.

Here are some Ruby-isms from CHALLENGING THE LEGACY that show her attitude toward life and dying: 


"So you see, a woman doesn't need a man in her life except for entertainment. I've done just fine." 

"Isn't there a ghost town called Paris up the mountain where we can dump her?"  

"Aw, I'm no good at this touchy-feely crap. It makes me feel like lice are crawling on me. Insult me so I know you're alright." 

"What are you looking at? Did I put lipstick on my nose?" 

"I've been a better person these last few months than all the years of my life, and it's damn tiring. I don't know how you've kept this up for so long." 

No comments:

Post a Comment