"If you are looking for a series that keeps you on the edge, wondering what will happen next, wondering how an author created a jaw-dropping, heart-stopping book. Then look no further. Genie has created that with this series." --Bunnies Review

Sunday, October 18, 2015

FOOTBALL GAMES AND DYNAMITE


SHADOW OF THE LEGACY
Book 7 of the Halo Legacy Series
ebook specially priced at only 99 cents!

Rochelle shoved the sandwich away. No way she could eat with the guilt churning in her belly. "You're a better mother than I am." 

The downturn of Johnny's mouth stopped Rochelle in mid-rant. "I'm sorry. You don't deserve my frustration heaped on you--no matter how broad your shoulders." 

When he didn't smile, she touched his arm. "Wanna dump on me for awhile? I have broad shoulders too." 

"You have beautiful shoulders. Beautiful everything." Johnny held up a hand before Rochelle could protest. "I know. As your friend, I'm not supposed to notice those things. How about instead of dumping on each other we grab a couple beers and watch a football game? Think Ariel would mind watching sports instead of her princess movie?" 

"If I tell her she can stay up late, I think she'll agree. Does that make me a bad mother?" 

"I think that makes you a creative genius." 

...The entire game proceeded with Johnny and Rochelle cheering on their team or moaning about mistakes, while Ariel watched thoughtfully for a while, then asked a question or two. 

At the end of the game, Rochelle and Johnny exchanged high-fives because their team won, but Ariel quietly said, "I think I'd rather watch a princess movie next time." 

"Fair enough," Rochelle said. "Now off to bed. I'll be up in a few minutes." 

Ariel gave her mama and Johnny hugs and dashed upstairs to get ready for bed. "G'night!" 

"We should do this again." Johnny picked up their empty bottles. 

"The season's over," Rochelle said. 

"I mean, the three of us do something together." 

"That's not like a date, is it?" Wariness settled in a mask over Rochelle's face. 

"Do people usually take their kids on dates?" 

"No. Guess not." Rochelle's shoulders relaxed and an impish smile stole over her face. "You could go to Beth's baby shower with us on Valentine's Day." 

"How about a snow picnic instead? We can take the snowmobiles up by the mines and check for old dynamite before we break out the thermoses of hot chocolate and have a snack." 

"Check for old dynamite?" 

Johnny's shrug was accompanied by a grin. "You didn't want romantic." 

(Excerpt from Shadow of the Legacy copyright Genene Valleau, writing as Genie Gabriel.) For more info and excerpts from all the Halo Legacy series, visit www.GenieGabriel.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment