"If you are looking for a series that keeps you on the edge, wondering what will happen next, wondering how an author created a jaw-dropping, heart-stopping book. Then look no further. Genie has created that with this series." --Bunnies Review

Monday, June 11, 2012

AUTHOR NOTES: IMMERSION


I started edits to book #6 of my LEGACY series last week and, to immerse myself in the story, I've been watching videos of explosions and fires and hospital emergency rooms. (The hero of book #6 is a firefighter/EMT and the heroine is a doctor who becomes trapped in a fire.)

Not only did the immersion work, but I'm once again in awe of emergency personnel who respond to disasters. Wow!

If you want to watch some inspiring and humbling actions, do an Internet search for "videos firefighters" or "videos emergency room." Some of these can be graphic as they are real life clips, so probably not appropriate for those with sensitive stomachs or young children. I usually can't watch stuff like that, but I was focused on the emergency personnel and how they worked to save lives. Very inspiring!

No comments:

Post a Comment